Highly efficient and sustainable – Fraunhofer IESE is making agriculture fit for the future!
Due to the growing demands on environmental protection and sustainability on the one hand and the limited land areas and fossil resources on the other hand, agricultural technology is facing ever greater challenges everywhere, including in Germany. Mastering these challenges successfully makes highly efficient, optimized processes indispensable. Just like in other areas, software represents a key technology in the agricultural domain as well. In modern tractors and machinery, software-based innovations lead to crucial competitive advantages. Data and its smart interpretation (aimed at automation, optimization, and facilitation of agricultural processes) is an essential element of the digital transformation.
Fraunhofer IESE supports companies in this process and is doing research on innovative technologies and solutions for Smart Farming:
This is what we offer:
- System architectures for the ideal interaction with third-party systems
- Potential analyses for Big Data analytics and solutions for data-driven business models
- Security and privacy across system boundaries
- Assurance of functional safety between tractors and implements
- Integration of mobile end devices into existing systems for an optimal user experience