The assurance of functional safety is a mandatory requirement for bringing safety-critical embedded systems to market. Especially in highly innovative applications such as autonomous driving or 4.0, safety engineers are confronted with system complexity, the uncertainties and unknowns of a multitude of operating environments, and technological change (e.g., through the use of Artificial Intelligence). For many years, Fraunhofer IESE has been researching systematic and model-based safety engineering methods in order to develop robust safety cases for innovative systems effectively and efficiently.
How Fraunhofer IESE can support you in the safety assurance of your systems
We support our customers in all issues related to functional safety and safety engineering in a wide variety of industries, such as automotive (ISO 26262, ISO 21448), agriculture (ISO 25119), and Industrie 4.0 (incl. ISO 12100, IEC 61508, ISO 13849).
In particular, we provide support through consulting, monitoring, and implementation of product development regarding
- implementation of the requirements of standards in customer-specific contexts
- introduction of concrete techniques and methods (e.g., fault trees/Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Component Fault Trees (CFTs), or the Goal Structuring Notation (GSN))
- introduction and, if necessary, customization of appropriate tooling (e.g., based on our in-house safety engineering tool safeTbox)
In addition to transferring our expertise, we are also happy to provide the following services:
- Appropriate risk and safety analyses
- Development of comprehensive safety concepts
- Other safety engineering activities for your specific product