Fraunhofer Institute for Experimental Software Engineering IESE
CISCO Router Configuation Diligent Evaluator (CROCODILE)
A Router Configuration Checker
Currently, the preferred router equipment runs the Internet Operating System (IOS™). To assist the user in avoiding the innumerable lurking pitfalls of IOS, Fraunhofer IESE has developed CROCODILE (Cisco Router ConfigurationDiligent Evaluator), a software tool that analyzes router configurations. CROCODILE is a modular, extensible framework based on patterns and associated pattern handlers.
Target Group of this Product
- Internet Service Providers and Telecommunication Companies
- All who run big corporate IT networks
Benefits of CROCODILE
- CROCODILE’s predefined checker modules offer rich assessment capabilities, some of them unprecedented.
- CROCODILE is extensible by customer-specific checker modules.
- CROCODILE is not restricted to Cisco routers.
- CROCODILE has powerful and flexible report-generating capabilities.
- CROCODILE is highly portable and may be provided in source format, depending on license conditions.
Services in Context of CROCODILE
- CROCODILE Audits: We carry out toolbased, cost-effective security evaluations.
- Training: We show clients how to employ CROCODILE to their best advantage.
- Audit Design: We support clients in their planning of large-scale security audits.
- Adaptation: We extend the functionality of CROCODILE to cover customer-specific security aspects.